Friday, August 23, 2013

Refiners Fire

I want to be a real person out here on the world wide web. Not everything is sunshine and flowers... so I'm going to admit- today I have felt down. Really down. I have felt alone, sad, and frustrated. And to be perfectly honest I have wanted to just go and eat ice cream in a corner. Truth. 

Lets face it kids. This life is hard. It isn't fair, the things we go through wear us down and make us buckle under the pressure of the circumstance. We cry and try to carry on, we pray and ask for things to be taken from us. We ask that our lives become easier and more worth while- and let me tell you, from experience- sometimes we just don't get the answers right away... It takes time. It has a purpose. It is part of his plan- and it can be hard to not wonder "why??" 

Well, this is why:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1995/10/trust-in-the-lord?lang=eng

and he says it just SO MUCH better than my little fingers can type today.

Listen. Please.

This is exactly what I needed to hear at a hard time, maybe it can help you today as well. It is absolutely incredible what is said, and it has helped my spirit and my mood more than any hug or carton of ice cream could have. Give it a try. What is there to loose?

All my missionary love,
Sister Steffany Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment