Tuesday, August 20, 2013

All the (____) ladies!

Well let me just tell you, today has been an EXCELLENT day. Just because. :)

This post is for you guessed it- all the girls out there! Cause girls just want to have fun right? ;) Well welcome to this "fun" little post just for you lovely female homo sapiens out there.

(Now let me just say- there are SEVERAL men out there that have helped with this growth process as well- but this post isn't for that and shall be written another time.)

I want to just take a second and thank those lovely females out there who have helped me become who I am today. I KNOW that I would not be who I am today if I didn't have the strong ladies in my life. Why you may ask? Because they have shown me through example the way to be happy, strong, faithful, trustworthy, dedicated and Christ like. I have been so blessed to have the good fortune to be around so many of these women. Unfortunately, not everyone has that opportunity to be around as many, and I have noticed that many women out there are searching for happiness and for self worth through things such as body image, social status, wealth, career, and media. This really has been on my mind as of late as I have noticed that many women and young girls are not finding the joy that they thought it would bring. Now, let me tell you, there is nothing wrong with pursuing any of those things but let us remember... Heavenly Father created a plan, a BEAUTIFUL plan where man and women work together to become like him. And as we focus on his plan for us, THAT is where we find the true happiness that has been intended for us.

Women have the amazing calling here on earth to nurture. To comfort those that stand in need of comfort and mourn with those that mourn... To be mothers and friends and daughters, and stand united for one cause: to help people feel loved but more importantly to allow them to feel HIS love through them.  When I think back at all the women I have looked up to in my life they have EXUDED Christ like attributes such as patience and kindness and forgiveness, so on and so forth. They have loved and cared and nurtured me and helped me through the hard times. This is our calling. It is not to be the most liked person on the web, or to have the best cookie recipe in life, it is not to have the most glamorous home, or the cutest outfit. I know how important those things are sometimes and yes they make us part of who we are... But I know that as I come closer to my Savior, and as the women in my world have done the same- THAT is when I find the most joy, purpose, and peace in my life. I know that women have a great power that can lead and nurture many to the gospel and this is our divine and sacred calling. I am so glad that I am a woman and that there are many people out there that can benefit from this. We need more women who help. We need more ladies out there that can lead children to Christ, that can direct the path of those behind us and lead them to our Savior as this world is becoming more and more dark. We need more mothers and sisters and daughters and friends who know who they are so they can help others know themselves!

Be the light in someone else's world. Ladies, we have the calling to do so from a KING.

I promise that as we all strive to be that shoulder to cry on and that extra set of hands, in doing so we will find who we are, and in doing that will become closer to each other and to him.

I invite you to grow into your divine potential today. Help others, and nurture them back to the health of his world. Share your light with those that need it. As you do so you WILL feel so much happiness and purpose to your life. I promise and can testify of that. He loves you and loves who you are becoming, now help someone to become more too!

On the count of three:
One...
Two...
THREE!

Go women! ;)

All my (womanly) missionary love,
Sister Steffany Bird

P.s. I am not a feminist. Just one happy lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment