Thursday, August 15, 2013

Please keep your arms and feet inside the...

If you could be in my head today, you would need to be strapped in!

What a roller coaster ride!

To sum up what I have learned this lovely Florida Day- I have learned the importance lesson of Patience.

Isn't that a funny word?

It means: the ability to take real life situations, and not get annoyed, or depressed by them- but to accept them as they are and move forward with hope. (yes that was a self definition- I don't have a dictionary- so for the purpose of this post lets just go with it? thanks :)

As I have learned today more how to do this I have also realized a BIG factor in this attribute. That Patience is coupled with hope and led by God. When we truly think of it- when we are truly a patient person- we are able to accept the life circumstances and trust that God has his hand in all things. Some days this is easier than others but today I was able to learn a very valuable lesson: Patience with myself.  Isn't it interesting that we are all taught to have patience for one another? that it is deemed as a valuable and vital personality trait- yet how many times do we apply the principals of patience  to ourselves?  Maybe some of you out there are really good at this- but for myself, I have learned today that I have failed quite miserably with this.

If God- who is perfect- can be patient with me... Why can I not be patient with myself?

My excuse would be because I know myself- I am actually with myself 24/7... we are quite good friends..

But let me tell you something I realized today.

God knows us better than we even know ourselves. He knows our weaknesses, our strengths, our joys, and our sorrows. He knows the in's and out's of your every thought and action. He knows EVERYTHING... about YOU.

And if he knows that much about us and is STILL patient with us-  should I not be more patient with myself as well? Isn't the goal to become more like him anyways?

Today, or whenever you get down on yourself- remember that Heavenly Father created us to succeed and without our weaknesses we would never be able to grow strong and to become like him. We need the oppositions. He loves us. Let him lead us, and allow yourself to be freed from your own negative thoughts. Allow him to embrace you with his love. He will come. I know he will because he came to me today. I love this gospel and the peace it offers to me. Today I invite you to allow it to change your perspective on yourself... and to be able to see yourself as god sees you:

A wonderful child of his -whom he loves very much.

All my missionary love,
Sister Steffany Laurel Bird

P.s. Ether (a prophet) talks about this too- Check it out :)
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/ether/12.27?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment