Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kolob

Where I am from I would often go up into mountains- a place where I have always felt the quite peace and tranquility of God. There is just something about the earth and the stars that has always captured the beats of my heart and made my mind soar to fleeting and exciting thoughts. One specific night I had much on my mind but I knew where I could turn. I put a little blanket in my car and I headed up to the top of the nearest mountain. It took quite some time to get up there, but I knew it would take me to a place where I could be alone and away from the crazy world around me. I gazed out into the endless night sky. Trillions and trillions of stars twinkled above my head. A cool breeze brushed my face and I could hear the rustle of the leaves in the Forrest around me. As I snuggled in my blanket and felt the earth and worldly worries melt away I began to get lost in the thoughts that consumed my mind. I began to ponder the power that created the spectacular painting in the infinite night sky hanging above me. I began to realize that each one of those stars could potentially be a "sun" in another universe that provides the light to another earth. Another world. And that took me to thoughts of those beings in the other worlds doing exactly what I was. I wondered how all of this was even created, and how my life was truly something so small in contrast to the vast amount of space and matter in the whole of this entire plan. I began to realize that the power was from god. That there were billions upon billions just here on this earth, my mind was even more expanded when i thought of all the other worlds that were out there, and all the billions of billions of people in their own worlds... It is a humbling thought... As I prayed that night on top of a mountain in the comfort of my own car, and blanket and began to realize all that I had and the knowledge that I had as well- and when I gained that eternal perspective my worldly problems began to be placed in the back of my mind as I realized that he knows me. He knows the speck that I am in the vast galaxies and universes. I know that he heard me. I know that it was him the cooled my heated heart and infused my mind and heart with peace. He provided a plan, a PERFECT and I may not understand all of it. But I will tell you this. I did know, right then and there, that he exists. He is in the details. He hears us, and that he is God. He created all things for us, so that we may become like him... I will never forget that brisk October night- for that was the day when I realized my creator truly knew a speck in the sea of stars and planets and universes, across trillions of light years and through the black holes. He knew me. And loved me. And still does.

 I know that he hears you and loves you too. He cares more than we can even comprehend. 

All my little teeny tiny missionary love,
Sister Steffany Laurel Bird
 

No comments:

Post a Comment