Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Almighty Author

I've always been one who loves to write. I enjoy the bouncing of my fingers on the keyboard and the clickity clackity noise that it makes. I flourish to find the perfect placement of words that can seamlessly flow into one another, and create a symphony of nouns, verbs and adjectives, that ring in your ears and echo in the furthest corners of the human mind. 

I love to do this because I am in control. I can create whatever I want. I can write. Choppy. Or I can create cascading sentences that empty into a deep pool of thought. I am the master of the concepts and the story. I create the good guys and the bad, and it is all done with my fingers. On the keyboard. And it sets me free. 

However, unlike writing, life doesn't always go like that. FORTUNATELY. 
Life can be very, well choppy. And understand, hard to do. But I can tell you- This is part of the reason we go through life. 

Before we came to earth, before earth even existed - our Father in Heaven had a plan. He wanted all of us to be able to come like him. But we couldn't do that while in His presence. We wouldn't know HOW to grow. So because he loved us, he created this earth. This magnificent, beautiful and complex earth. This earth as we all know is packed full of trial and complications, but the truth is we all rejoiced to know that we would have the opportunity to come. It was the only way that we could grow. It was the only way to become perfected like our father.

And He is the master writer of our "story".

 Now, as someone that likes to create and be in charge this can be a bit difficult sometimes but, let me just tell you- our life stories would be so minuscule if it were not for the story that has ALREADY been written for us by the Hand of the Lord. 

Often times we try to write our own chapter and forget to ask him what really is supposed to happen in this part of our story, and in turn we become lost in the words and the pages of lives. Our personal story becomes something that has lost the story line and purpose because we don't know where we are going. Or where we need to be. We CANNOT write it. And if we do we shouldn't expect the story to come out the way that he wants, or has planned for us. 

This is a lesson I am learning. And I believe that many people are learning this as well. 

Trust in God. In him, and HIS story for you. Let him write your character. The quirks, trials, traits and adventures. Your book will become something magnificent, a cliff hanger and something that is interesting and fulfilling, one that you enjoy and desire to "read" more of. A masterpiece in his eyes... and once you become that- in turn your story can be read by many. It will be a story he is proud to share.

He created you, and all things for you. He knows where you are going and where you need to go. Ask him where you need to be. He will tell you, because he wants you to become the BEST you can. That is his plan. He loves us so much- and wants us to become like him, only through him. 

Put down your pen, and let God write. He knows how to get us to the "Happily ever after". And who wouldn't want that?

All my missionary love,
Sister Steffany Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment